Doc’s Homegate Recipe : “Almost Healthy” Chicken Nachos
“Almost Healthy” Chicken Nachos
Serves 4 Medium Sized Football Fans
2 cloves garlic, crushed
6 green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon of salt
4 teaspoons of lemon juice
1/2 (12 ounce) package tortilla chips
1 cup of mature cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 large tomato, diced
1 chicken breast, or 2 thighs – grilled, shredded
2 tablespoons of pitted pimento olives, sliced (optional)
1 cup of (store bought / make your own) spinach and artichoke dip (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), or light your grill and heat to 350 (burners on medium)
2. Shred the chicken. Spritz some lemon juice on it. Also sprinkle salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the crushed garlic and green onions. Toss in the chicken and combine. Add the salsa!
4. Grab a baking sheet. Lay down tortilla chips evenly. Add the chicken nacho mix on each chip individually or pile it on top of a pile of chips – pub style.
Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese. The mature cheese will pack in lots of flavor.
5. Place the baking sheet in the oven, or onto the grill and bake for 10-12 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, let sit for a few minutes. Add the spinach and artichoke dip on top with cilantro.
Serve with a snappy and hoppy IPA!
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c11/h04/mnt/194424/domains/overtimeireland.com/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405