Doc’s Recipe: CHEESEYBEEFYBACONFOOTBALL BOMBS
APP: CHEESEYBEEFYBACONFOOTBALL BOMBS
- 1 can (16 oz.) of Biscuit Mix (Pillsbury Flaky Layers or any brand similar)
- 16 slices bacon
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp – Your favorite BBQ Rub
- 1 Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 medium onion – minced
- 1 block (8 oz.) Sharp/aged Cheddar cheese, cut into 16 squares
- Long toothpicks
- Canola or Vegetable oil for frying
Equipment: Pan/skillet, 2 small bowls, 1 tray
- Season the ground beef, with spice, and garlic, and add minced onion. Mix well without overworking the meat.
- Brown the beef in a pan/skillet, and just to a light color (do not over-brown the beef). Put in a bowl to cool.
- Fry the bacon to a flexible and chewy doneness (never crispy) – Note: grilled bacon adds a nice smokey goodness to the football bombs.
- Separate biscuit dough into 8 units. Cut each biscuit in half then shape into circles approx. 3” across.
- In center of each biscuit round, place 2 or 3 TBSP cooked ground beef and 1 pc. of cheese.
- Enclose (wrap) beef and cheese in the dough; and pinch the seams completely to seal. Stab each bomb with a long toothpick, through the bacon and into the filling. Place on a tray covered in wax paper.
- (Hint: Dust it with a little flour to avoid sticking)
- Position each bomb at least 2” apart on the unlit portion of your grill, and close the lid
- Bake on the grill approximately 15 minutes until they are a medium golden colour. (Check under the lid after 10 minutes if you have not regulated the temperature), Serve hot with your favorite burger condiments
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c11/h04/mnt/194424/domains/overtimeireland.com/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405