Doc’s Recipe Week 14: Halftime Deep Dish Pizza…. Cups
Halftime Deep Dish Pizza…. Cups
Love pizza! Love pizza in any form!
Pan, deep dish, casserole, egg rolls etc., doesn’t matter to me. Anything pizza goes, as long as it goes with a good pint.
These are “simple Simon”, and create very little mess. Great at halftime! Prep before the game.
1 can crescent rolls (seamless sheet if you can get it)
1/2-cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup fresh Grated Parmesan Reggiano
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 tsp garlic powder
Suggested pizza toppings – onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage, crumbled bacon
- Preheat oven to 375. Or Preheat grill on one side (to grill off-heat)
- Cut and form crescent roll sheet into 8 squares.
- Spray 8 regular muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Press each piece of dough firmly into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over each cup.
- Then, sprinkle shredded Mozzarella (about 1 Tbsp) to the bottom of each cup.
- Add 1 Tbsp of pizza sauce to each cup.
- Add assorted pizza toppings. Then sprinkle garlic powder over toppings.
- Top with remaining Mozzarella, and top with a few pieces of your favourite topping (i.e. pepperoni)
Bake 16 minutes in oven or grill (or to preferred look).
Remove from pan, rest for 5 minutes, and serve.